Bio-Chemical Engineering Consultant
Bachelor of Science, Fort Hays State University
- Major: Chemistry
- Minor: Biology
Basic Mud School, M-I SWACO
Skills & Abilities
Communication and Leadership
- Direct and professional customer interaction to provide technical support in client meetings and conference calls
- Development of good rapport, trust, and confidence of colleagues and customers through integrity, reliable communication, and reporting
- Presentation experience at technical conferences, in front of clients, and with colleagues
- Have extensive background in training others to operate flow equipment, to understand and interpret test data, and to report effectively
- SPE Membership 2007- Present
Toastmasters International – Active Member
Held various officer positions (VP Membership, VP Education), mentored new club members, received Competent Communicator award for completion of speech manual
- Represented the oil and gas industry in Junior Achievement programs in the Katy Public Schools
- Fluid regime sheds new light on formation damage in tight gas reservoirs
- Hart Energy E&P
- March 2012
- Presented at the AADE National Technical Conference and Exhibition (AADE-11-NTCE-43)
Reservoir Drill-In Fluid and Formation Damage of Tight Gas Reservoirs
Senior Scientist, QMAX
November 2018 – April 2020
- Oversee, maintain, and operate analytical lab equipment including XRD, GC-MS, FTIR for the purpose of supporting field operations with cuttings/solids/fluids analysis
- Technical service support and troubleshooting of aqueous and non-aqueous fluid systems
- Team leadership through project management and review of final written reports
- Team education through lunch and learn presentations
- Writing and reviewing standard operating procedures
Research Chemist, Fritz Industries
May 2017 – November 2018
- Plan and conduct tests related to cementing operations
- Develop new products for cement additives
- Conduct polymer reactions for future plant scale up operations
- Meet with clients to discuss portfolio gaps and product replacement needs
Science Teacher, Bellville ISD
August 2016 – May 2017
- Teach high school level Anatomy & Physiology and Forensic Science
Technology Manager, Newpark
April 2013 – March 2016
- Designed flow equipment for new reservoir lab and was solely in charge of identifying all equipment needs and sourcing suitable vendors for purchase of equipment.
- Hiring, training, and managing personnel to use and run high pressure/high temperature permeameter and other core test equipment
- Planned and conducted fluid formulation and testing for development of new drill-in fluid portfolio
- Implementation of ISO 9001 and 14001 standards, ASTM methods.
- Contributed technical support and planning for reservoir section of tenders and bids
- Forecasted future portfolio need for a completion fluids segment and began looking into equipment designs and costs
Chemist III, M-I SWACO
September 2006 – April 2013
- Formation damage evaluation of reservoir formations (sandstone, limestone and dolomite) with drilling, reservoir and completion fluids using customized sequences based on drilling and completion programs. Return permeability studies for worldwide operations. Core flow analysis includes tight gas reservoir core study, gravel pack simulation, breaker return perm tests, and high pressure/high temperature gas flow studies on tight sandstone core. Interpretation of XRD analysis of rock samples.
- Characterization and assessment of the reactivity of shale formations using petrographic analyses, analytical measurements and interpretation of the failure mechanisms of rock in fluids. Rock/fluid interaction laboratory studies for evaluation of the effects of drilling and completion fluids in shale formations. Testing and selection of inhibitor additives and base fluids to control and minimize potential wellbore stability problems. Shale stability studies.
QC Chemist, The Fuller Brush Company
May 2000 – November 2005
- Conducted wet chemistry and analytical method analysis for raw materials and finished products, including GC analysis of active ingredients.
- Reviewed and updated SOPs as needed.
- Maintained records of retain samples, conducted random sampling from batch tank, flow line, hopper and production floor finished goods.
- Maintained equipment calibrations and records, trouble shoot instrument failures, kept equipment in good working order.